One of the things I was most excited about when we found out we were moving to Malaysia was that I might get to see MONKEYS! I have always loved them, and I remember asking my parents if I could have one as a pet when I was a little girl. Fortunately they were smart enough to say "no".
Now I get to see monkeys all the time. What I have found out is that they are not quite so "cute" and "lovable" looking when they are in the wild. I mean I still am enamoured with them, but I DEFINITELY don't want one in my house! The neighborhood we live in has quite a few and we frequently see them when we are in the car. (I have started taking my camera with me EVERYWHERE.) I call them "monkey runs" and when I see one I start saying "pull over, pull over" to my husband. One day we were out and we saw at least 2 dozen monkeys of every size, even several babies hanging off their mothers. I did not have my camera that day--hence the camera habit! We researched the species of monkey and they are called "Long-Tailed Macaques" or "Crab-Eating Macaque". Their bodies are generally 18-30 inches long, and their tails are often longer than their bodies. I've also seen them in the trees along the side of the highway--an interesting sight while you are driving at that speed.
I am still in search of that PERFECT monkey picture, but until then I have attached a couple of my favorites.