Back in May I wrote about an experience I had with a Thai massage. I said then it REALLY hurt, but that I felt very relaxed afterwards and I thought I would go back again. I don't really want to admit this, but I feel I must.
"Hi, I'm Pam, and I'm a massage-a-holic". OK, I feel better now. Let me explain.
I started out by going about once a month, which wasn't a big deal. Then after our busy summer of company I would go every two weeks. Now it has become a weekly addiction. They know me by name when I call (which is really weird over here because I usually can't communicate with people well on the phone); they know which therapist I prefer; and they know how long I want my massage (90 minutes). When I arrive for my appointment they greet me like family. My therapist and I know each other so well I expect to get one of her kid's school pictures soon.
While I am confessing to my deepest sins, I may as well talk about the OTHER reason I love getting a massage. As soon as I finish, I go to the Starbucks on the first floor and get my tall, caramel macchiato. (Probably all the benefits of my "relaxing" massage are completely negated at this point.) In fact, they know me so well at that particular Starbucks (because I go to others around Johor Bahru, also) that when the kids were visiting in August they took our picture to put it in their store "scrapbook". Ugh! There is an actual RECORD of how often I get my fix.
Jeff was with me not long ago and when we walked up to the counter they said hello and they looked at Jeff and said "she is in here every day". Now that is PROBABLY an exaggeration, but I told her that she REALLY didn't need to tell him how often I am getting my caffeine.
I'm sure I have other "sins" I need to confess, but I feel better already just getting these two out in the open.