Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Visit "Home"



We recently got back from a trip back to Dallas. Normally we would have come back for a visit in the summer months before school started, but Jeff's parents celebrated their 50th anniversary first of September so we postponed the trip until end of summer, early fall. I went back 2 weeks ahead of Jeff to help with the last-minute party plans, so I got to stay a total of 5 weeks--yay!
The nicest part of staying that long is that we had much more time than we usually do to spend in Oklahoma City. Not only did we get to spend time with our parents, but my siblings all came in for a long weekend and it was just wonderful to be with them and their families. The 50th party went off without a hitch and we enjoyed seeing extended family and friends from many, many years ago. Where does the time go??
Our four "kids" were gracious enough to let us use up all their spare time by going out to eat, watching OU games and shopping. We are thoroughly enjoying this phase of our life where we have adult children. They are so fun to be with and we are just very, very blessed that they have married people who "fit" in our family so well!
Speaking of food, we ate A LOT. It's kind of strange, but you get this mentality of "I won't be able to eat ___________ when I get back to Malaysia, so I better eat up now". Hence, we come back with extra Mexican food weight, etc. We all went to eat at Bob's Steak House one night and it was wonderful. Night before we left Dallas we all went to Benihana and pigged out.....once again. (That's where the picture was taken.) The extra weight is something we will have to "walk off" now that we are home, but it was SO worth it!