I spent part of the first few weeks in OKC visiting with family and it was wonderful to see parents, siblings, nieces, nephews and even my great-niece. I ate out A LOT and it was good, however, not necessarily good FOR me. I had the opportunity to shop with the kids for their Christmas presents and so we spent quality time getting in "the mood" of Christmas.
We went back to OKC when Jeff arrived and did Christmas Eve at my parent's house, Christmas day at the Durham's house. The kids drove up and it was wonderful to have them share that time with us. Then we had "our" Christmas (the 6 of us) on the 26th. Once again, a lot of fun! I bought the guys Nerf guns (a tradition) and Ruby did a phenomenal job of throwing the cards into the air while the guys tried to shoot them. Needless to say, we got "bullets" all over Aimee and John's house and we girls were frequently "shot".
We were able to go to a Mavericks game against San Antonio (lost because Dirk was injured) but it was fun to go to a game again after so long. We ate out OFTEN and enjoyed the food tremendously. I was ready to get back to life in the jungle after being gone for so long. I missed my expat friends and life is MUCH slower for me over here so I can finally rest up!