There is a place at the Bukit Indah mall called Thai Odyssey, advertising a "traditional" Thai massage. I've been curious about it and went by yesterday while I was out there to check them out. I was informed that there would be deep muscle pressure, along with stretching and popping. They weren't busy at all and I said I wanted the 60 minute massage at 75RM, US$22. The young lady informed me that they have a special this month, and I could get the 90 minute massage at 68RM, a mere $19. Sign me up!!
I was taken to a small room that had a mattress pad on the ground, was told to change into these "pajamas", then they brought me some green tea. So far, so good. She placed a cool eye mask on my eyes and began to give each leg, then each arm, a DEEP muscle massage. It was ALMOST painful, but it also felt really good when she quit rubbing. I could feel the muscles relaxing! After she would rub for awhile, she would stretch me in all kinds of weird positions. She actually was sitting or kneeling on the mattress during the entire massage--using her arms and legs to help stretch me. It was weird! But the longer she massaged the more I could feel the tension just leaving my body. And I DID pop a lot--not sure if that is good or not. I came home and told Jeff I was curious to see if I had bruises on me by today or how sore I would be. Surprisingly, no bruises and I am only sore on the tops of my shoulders where she worked SO hard trying to get those muscles relaxed. All in all, I think I've found a new hobby!