We just had a WONDERFUL visit from Aimee over here in Malaysia! I didn't realize how much fun it would be to actually be able to SHOW her our life over here. We didn't give the poor child much time to rest--in fact she probably had to go back home to recuperate. I just kept thinking of new places to take her!
After she arrived in Singapore we spent the first 3 days there, taking her to Chinatown, the zoo, the Flyer (world's largest observation wheel), a trip on the river that runs through Singapore, and a day at Sentosa Island. Singapore is a beautiful city/country and there is much to see and do. At Sentosa Island we spent time at the amazing aquarium where she touched stingray and a baby shark. We also rode the luge 3 times (although I have no pictures of this because I LOVE riding it and I didn't want to stay at the bottom just to take her picture:) We brought her over to Malaysia after that (about a 30 minute drive) and we spent the next 4 nights at our home. She got to make "monkey runs" with us and we saw at least 2 dozen monkeys one evening by the side of the road here at Leisure Farm where we live. We took her to the nearby marina for lunch on Sunday after church, then she and I went shopping on Monday in Johor Bahru for purses and watches. Monday evening we went with friends to Pontian and ate at a very authentic "local" restaurant--many new foods to try!
Tuesday morning we left the house at 5 a.m. and headed to Mersing to catch the ferry over to Tioman Island. Aimee and I both ended up sunburned after the first day, but really enjoyed our time of snorkeling, laying on the beach and listening to Philippine women and men sing U.S. songs for entertainment in the evenings. You haven't REALLY lived until you've heard this
Aimee was such a trooper and just let us drag her all over southeast Asia for 2 weeks. She got to experience the little things we deal with every day--trouble with communication; fearing for your life and safety when on the roads with ALL the scooters; the intense heat and humidity, to name a few. Hopefully now when she talks to us on skype or email, she can actually "see" our daily life and more fully understand where dad and mom are living. We had a wonderful time with her and can't wait until the next visit!!