Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White June???

So I am down to about a week before I leave Malaysia for good and we are trying to eat at all our regular haunts and do things for the "last time" before I go. We absolutely love the Soul Thai restaurant at the mall near our house. They have daily specials and we ALWAYS try to make it on Wednesdays for their Beef Noodle Soup special (yes, I have a very boring life). Yesterday we were there eating and all of a sudden I recognize that Jingle Bells has started playing on their overhead speakers. Next came "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas", followed by Rudolph. They don't speak much English at ALL in this particular restaurant, so I assume one of the workers just stuck in a CD and had NO idea that the songs were about Christmas and not really appropriate for a hot, humid, sticky June day in Malaysia!
Just one more thing I'll miss about this country:-)